The First Shift Program
THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT HOCKEY PROGRAM | THE FUN STARTS HERE
The NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT program is designed to ensure a positive experience for new-to-hockey families. We want families to experience the game at its best — to understand why so many Canadians feel an inherent love for the sport, and to stimulate a desire for continued participation. We want to take away any intimidation as it relates to equipment requirements, and/or rules of the game, remove potential safety concerns, and most importantly, provide an experience that is memorable and fun.
The NHL/NHLPA First Shift is open to children, between the ages of 6 and 10 years old*, who have never previously enrolled in minor hockey within Canada or the NHL/NHLPA First Shift program.
*To be eligible to participate, children must be born between January 1, 2013 and May 1, 2018.
Hockey Edmonton will once again be hosting TWO First Shift programs. One in the Fall (November/December) and one in the Winter (January/February).
Registration is full, but we recommend you join the waitlist in case of cancellations.
THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT MAKES HOCKEY:
- Manageable (time commitment)
- A Program Maximum Capacity: 45 participants, 10 on ice instructors
- B Program Maximum Capacity: 30 participants, 7 on ice instructors
HOCKEY CANADA ON-ICE CURRICULUM:
Hockey Canada has created a fun curriculum that focuses on:
- Small areas games and skills stations active
- Wide variety of skating skills, puck handling, passing and shooting exercises
- Discovering the sport through variety of basic motor movement patterns
- Fun games to ensure participants enjoy a full range of hockey experiences
Praise and encouragement will serve as the foundation of the instructor’s approach to working with all participants.
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FEE OF $299 INCLUDES:
- BAUER Equipment (Head-to-Toe)
- Welcome Event
- Equipment fitting demonstration
- Expert fit session and equipment distribution
ON-ICE EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
- 6 Weeks, 1 session/week, 1 hour on a consistent day and time
- Focus on Fun and Learn to Play
- Insurance for participants
For further program information please CLICK HERE